Blaze damages Sicklerville home

Originally from the Courier Post

GLOUCESTER TWP. — A rag left near a generator was to blame for a Thursday evening blaze that heavily damaged a Gloucester Township home, authorities said.

The fire happened around 7 p.m. at a two-story home on Annapolis Drive in the Wye Oak development, according to Gloucester Township police.

Flames ripped through the home’s garage and spread to the attic. Heavy smoke was observed throughout the house.

Firefighters from Erial, Lambs Terrace, Pine Hill, Winslow and Cherry Hill brought the blaze under control in about 45 minutes.

The homeowner was not at the residence during the fire and no injuries were reported.

The Camden County Fire Marshal’s Office and township police determined a rag left too close to a running generator in the garage caught fire and spread to other combustible material nearby.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s